1. The FNB Durban 10K CITYSURFRUN will be run in accordance with rules of IAAF, ASA and KZNA and all participants are to abide by these rules.
2. All foreign athletes must comply with IAAF Rules 4.2 and 142 and ASA Rule 9 of
3. The FNB Durban 10K CITYSURFRUN is open to all licensed and non-licensed runners.
4. One race number (bib) will be issued. Licensed athletes must wear their ASA licences on the front and back of their vest. The race
numbers must be worn on the front, partially covering the ASA licence, so that the ASA licence sponsors and ASA Province/Year remains visible.
5. Temporary licensed runners must wear the temporary licence on the back. The race
number must be worn on the front.
6. ASA licence numbers: Athletes may not replace ASA numbers with Competition/Race Number/Stickers under any circumstances. Where a competition/race licence number is used, it must be placed so that the ASA Licence Sponsor and the ASA Province/Year remains visible above the Competition/Race Number. The Licence numerals may be covered. Athletes who fail to adhere to this rule may be disqualified (ASA Rule
26.1.6 of 2018).
7. Temporary Licence: Temporary Licensed athletes are not covered by a national insurance policy. Refer to ASA rule 25.5.15 of 2018.
8. Unregistered athletes with temporary licences must run in neutral colours and adhere to IAAF and ASA rules.
9. Holders of temporary licences will be eligible for individual prizes and may claim age category prizes provided they enter the relevant age group, wear the appropriate age tags and provide proof of age in keeping with IAAF and ASA Rule 25.5.13 of 2018.
10. Temporary licences are available at R20.
11. Personal seconding is not permitted. Private vehicles are requested not to follow the athletes on the route.
12. In addition to overall (open) prizes, participants will only be eligible for an age category prize in the age category they enter. Participants may enter the age category corresponding to their chronological age or any younger category down to senior. ASA/KZNA approved age category tags must be worn on top front and back of vest and be clearly visible to be eligible for age category prizes. Proof of age will be required for age category winners.
13. No swopping of race numbers or chips as these are linked to your names and finishing time and may result in disqualification.
14. Juniors (born after 1998) wearing a senior or junior licence must display category tags “J”, to qualify for age group prizes.
15. Minimum age for participation is 14 years of age on race day.
16. All traffic officers, technical officials and marshals must be obeyed.
17. The race organisers reserve the right to accept or reject any entry.
18. I understand that by entering the event I will be added to the event communication database to receive communication about the event and other events.
19. Foreign athletes must comply with the IAAF rule 4.2 and 142 and ASA Rule 9 of 2018 and all relevant race and domestic rules. The athletes must be able to produce a letter from his/her federation, which has been authenticated by ASA, permitting participation on race day. ASA Rule 9.4 of 2018.
20. Kilometre markers will be placed at each kilometre mark.
21. Refreshments stations will be situated approximately every 3km.
22. All finishers will receive a medal.
24. Prize giving will take place at the finish. Prize giving will be at 10h00
(TBC on the website: www.durban10k.com
25. Toilets will be available at the start and at the finish.
26. No ambush marketing is allowed.
27. There will be a tog bag facility at the start and finish for use at athletes’ own risk. Cell phones, money and jewellery are not to be left in tog bags. No tog bag tag, no bag.
28. Baby joggers and prams are allowed on route and must start at the back of race. ASA Rule 34.10.3 of 2018.
29. No bicycles are allowed on route, apart from the lead cyclists and officials.
30. Wheelchair participants are encourage to take part, ASA Rule 41 of 2018 and should start ahead of the race ASA Rules 41.5.10 and 45.5.11 of 2018. Once entered, participants are encouraged to contact firstname.lastname@example.org
to secure race day access.
31. The use of music players with headphones is not allowed and may result in disqualification. IAAF Rule 144.3(b) and ASA Rule 34.10.6 of 2018.
32. Do not litter. ASA Rule 28 of 2018. Dispose of sachets and cups responsibly by using the boxes provided or carrying them to the finish. Report offenders to the referees.
33. The time limit to finish the race is 12h00.